Wowza Community

[HLS] streaming screen has some broken pixels

Hi all,

It’s my the first time of post a thread in here.

I’m using Wowza on aws ec2.

Wowza is very convenient to me but sometimes VOD streaming screen has some broken pixels like following screen shot.

Is there anyone can give me some advice about this issue?

I tested on VLC, android media player and default movie player on Ubuntu but only the VLC was ok.

Thanks in advance,

-Larry

Hi Larry,

Is this video corruption happening every time at the same point in the stream? Is it only when playing back HLS streams? One property that may be worth trying is cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter. This is set in your Application.xml file like so within the node HTTPStreamers:

<HTTPStreamer> 
<Properties> 
   <Property> 
     <Name>cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter</Name> 
     <Value>true</Value> 
     <Type>Boolean</Type> 
   </Property> 
</Properties> 
</HTTPStreamer>

If that doesn’t help please look at raising a support ticket at support@wowza.com and include a link to zipped up copies your [install-path]/conf and [install-path]/logs/ files. A link to the stream for testing would also be beneficial. Refer to this forum post in the ticket.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi

Try setting the value of the property to false and retest.

If that does not help then please open a support ticket as Paul directed above.

Send an email to support@wowza.com and please include your [install-dir]/conf and [install-dir]/logs folders (zipped)

and include a reference link to this forum thread.

Daren

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tested with RTMP & HLS and the urls are following.

RTMP - rtmp://54.250.192.200:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4

HLS - http://54.250.192.200:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8

It is always happening same point in the stream.

I tested with cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter option.

But still not working.

This is my Application.xml content - http://pastebin.com/kEv3xeSN

Thanks,

-Larry

Hi Larry,

Is this video corruption happening every time at the same point in the stream? Is it only when playing back HLS streams? One property that may be worth trying is cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter. This is set in your Application.xml file like so within the node HTTPStreamers:

<HTTPStreamer> 
<Properties> 
   <Property> 
     <Name>cupertinoOnChunkStartResetCounter</Name> 
     <Value>true</Value> 
     <Type>Boolean</Type> 
   </Property> 
</Properties> 
</HTTPStreamer>

If that doesn’t help please look at raising a support ticket at support@wowza.com and include a link to zipped up copies your [install-path]/conf and [install-path]/logs/ files. A link to the stream for testing would also be beneficial. Refer to this forum post in the ticket.

Thanks,

Paul