Wowza Community

Can Wowza take a satellite/cable input?

Hi,

I’m a streaming novice. I’ve tried finding the answer to this question in the help section and online, but couldn’t… Hence, the question.

I need to take analog input from an STB (cable or satellite) and stream out as RTMP to a proprietary server I have.

Can Wowza Streaming Engine in the cloud do this?

If not, can the software version of Wowza running on a Linux server read directly from a Blackmagic Intensity Pro (or like card) inserted into the same server? Also, in this case, how can this configuration be hosted? Which colos/hosting providers will host the STB + server box for me?

I’m sure this territory has been explored, so I was hoping some of the experts here can point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Jug

Hi,

Wowza is not able to ingest the non-IP input. You will need an encoder to do that and provide that stream for Wowza.

You need an encoder that will take the captured video/audio signal from the your BlackMagic card, encode it and publish it to a Wowza server. Please take a look at the “How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder” forum article describing how to configure Wowza and publish a stream coming from an RTMP encoder.

Zoran

Hi,

Wowza is not able to ingest the non-IP input. You will need an encoder to do that and provide that stream for Wowza.

You need an encoder that will take the captured video/audio signal from the your BlackMagic card, encode it and publish it to a Wowza server. Please take a look at the “How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder” forum article describing how to configure Wowza and publish a stream coming from an RTMP encoder.

Zoran

Thanks much for response, Zoran.