Wowza Community

Viewing of streams on IOS devices

I successfully established to trial the Wowza version. Everything perfectly works.

I have the service of video translations.

My module works at the server.

Question.

What settings on the server need to be made to have opportunity to look my translations by IOS devices (Iphone, IPAD)?

My viewing isn’t started even in attempt to check PLAYERS on WOWZA the server, that is matter in the WOWZA settings. Help, please.

I tried to follow instructions, but it turned out nothing.

Very much possibility of viewing in a IOS browser window, not in the full screen.

Hello there,

Please try to answer these questions so we can help you get this going.

What is the source of the stream? Is it live or vod? If live, what type of encoder are you using?

By “translation” do you mean translating from one language to another? Or something else? Not sure here, sorry.

What module are you referring to? Is it a custom module?

What are the video and audio codecs of the stream? For iOS you need to use h.264 video, with a profile of “baseline” (baseline for most devices, while newer can handle a profile of “main”) and AAC or mp3 audio. For mp3 the settings should be 64 or 128kbs, 44100hz stereo.

What guide are you following?

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Salvadore

We are going to need more information to help here.

First off, it would be good to read through the Quick Start Guide:

And here is the GoCoder for iOS guide:

How to use Wowza GoCoder video broadcasting iOS app

Beyond that, if you can restart Wowza in stand-alone mode(install-dir/bin/startup.bat | startup.sh on Mac), test the stream and post the log output from the console so we can have a look.

Thanks,

Salvadore

What is the source of the stream? Is it live or vod? If live, what type of encoder are you using?

Salvadore

Only live. Encoder - flash script on my site. And GoCoder (IOS).

By “translation” do you mean translating from one language to another? Or something else? Not sure here, sorry.

Salvadore

I don’t know how to formulate it ) private videos streams.

What module are you referring to? Is it a custom module?

Salvadore

yes, the module was written specially for me.

What are the video and audio codecs of the stream? For iOS you need to use h.264 video, with a profile of “baseline” (baseline for most devices, while newer can handle a profile of “main”) and AAC or mp3 audio. For mp3 the settings should be 64 or 128kbs, 44100hz stereo.

Salvadore

I don’t know, but popular codecs are for certain used.

Besides I can use transcoder to receive a stream in the necessary look?

What guide are you following?

Salvadore

Any more I don’t remember now, excuse me.

What guide you will advise?

By the way, friends say, what transcoder doesn’t work in wowza version trial, whether so it?