Wowza Community

Video Stream with 0 Network Throughput

Hi,

I’ve used this tutorial to setup my streaming environment.

In “Incoming Streams” I can see the stream “myStream” that I’ve used from my Android App. But when I record the stream, blank mp4 file is created in contents folder of wowza server. Following is the detail being shown for “myStream”.

Stream Uptime:

myStream up since 09 Aug 2014 01:48:44 PM

myStream up for about 2 minutes

Network Throughput

Bytes In: 0 @ 0.000 bits/s

Bytes Out: 0 @ 0.000 bits/s

Can anybody tell me why proper recording is not being done?

Hi,

The ‘Bytes In: 0 @ 0.000 bits/s’ usually means there isn’t any data being received from the source stream.

Can you play back the live stream in the test players?

Make sure the video and audio is h.264 and AAC respectively.

What protocol is the app using in your case? The article says it can use RTMP or RTSP.

If you can show a snippet of the access log (located in [install-dir]/logs/wowzastreamingengine_access.log)

where the ‘Publish’ event begins it might help identify the issue. You should also at least verify that

you can successfully use another means to publish a stream to Wowza Streaming Engine (from another

type of encoder).

Daren

Hi,

If you can’t open the ports specified then your only other options would be to use RTSP with TCP only, if your app will allow it, or use RTMP instead.

Those are really your best options in such a limited environment.

Daren

Thanks for your reply.

I’m using RTSP for video streaming. Here is the wowza log file converted into Excel.

A network professional have told me that UDP ports are blocked in my environment which could be the reason of my problem. According to him he cannot open all the UDP ports mentioned in this document.

Can I fix one UDP port for my stream packets or is there any other solution to my problem?

Thanks

The problem has not yet been resolved. Please help.

Thank you for this information.

I’m now able to view my streams by opening 10 upd ports with following setup of server:-

Server Options

Allow RTP datagram port sharing = Yes

RTP Datagram Starting Port = 9990