Wowza Community

I am using previous version of Wowza

Hi

I am using previous version of Wowza which is Wowza Media Server 3 Perpetual Edition 3.6.3 build8031.

Since, I was not involved in the project from the first place and the person in charge has left out company,

I am kind of having trouble using this system.

I am running wowza on linux ubuntu server and it seems like it has streamengine. unlike i can see in the tutorial,

How do i add live application in this case? since most of tutorial is based on the visiual menu of Wowza Engine, which I don’t seem to have one.

Is it possible to just install engine only?

At the moment, I have my client ready to send data stream,

is there any page that i can get help with?

Thank you

Hi,

If you’re not familiar with how Wowza 3 works then I recommend upgrading to Wowza Streaming Engine 4.

For more information about Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 please see How to get your FREE upgrade

Perpetual edition license holders, see the above link for the upgrade process. For questions about receiving your version 4.0 license, please contact billing@wowza.com.

You will need to do a full install to upgrade to Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 using The installers.

For step-by-step instructions for upgrading your server, see the Upgrade Guide

If you’d like to try Wowza Streaming Engine prior to upgrading, download a FREE Trial license from http://www.wowza.com/pricing/trial

To create an application in Wowza 3, you need to create a directory which will be the application name in both the [Wowza-Install]/applications/ and [Wowza-Install]/conf/ directories (with identical names).

[Wowza-Install]/applications/[AppName]/

[Wowza-Install]/conf/[AppName]/

Then you need to copy the Application.xml file from the [Wowza-Install]/conf/ directory and add to the new directory you just created.

[Wowza-Install]/conf/[AppName]/Application.xml

You then edit the newly created Application.xml to make the required changes to the application to make it live or video on demand.

Please see How to set up live streaming using an RTMP-based encoder for the changes which need to be made to the Application.xml file for live streaming.

Regards,

Jason

Solved… was having difficulty with understanding the address problem…

Solved Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I do still recommend upgrading to Wowza Streaming Engine 4 which will make configuration much easier using our Manager and you will have more functionality than you do using Wowza 3.

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Please see the List of all articles which will allow you to search for the articles/tutorials you may need in the future.

Some of these articles have been updated to better suit configuration using Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.

Regards,

Jason