Wowza Community

Chromecasting

Since version 4.0.4, I can’t get Chromecast to work from an Android Chrome browser. The loading screen continually displays and nothing happens.

Hi there, can you please provide a little more detail about your set up?

Have you worked through this guide after the upgrade:

How to stream from an Android device to the Google Chromecast device

Are you seeing any indication of the issue in the logs?

Thanks,

Salvadore

Hi there, can you please provide a little more detail about your set up?

Have you worked through this guide after the upgrade:

How to stream from an Android device to the Google Chromecast device

Are you seeing any indication of the issue in the logs?

Thanks,

Salvadore

Yes, I have done the correct configuration to my Application.xml and I know how to use Chrome beta to cast the live streams. Like I said, it used to work but has not since the upgrade to 4.0.4 and now 4.0.6. I don’t see anything in the access or error log. The stream just hangs on my TV and shows that it is loading. One thing I notice is that the time slider on the TV when loading shows 16:14:32. It’s not trying to display the whole 16 hours, 14 minutes, and 32 seconds of this live stream is it?

Email sent. Request is 102954.

UPDATE: It appears to be an issue with Chrome for Android. Manually casting the streams with the URL in a separate app works fine.

Have you tested playback in one of the sample players that ship with Wowza Streaming Engine?

Will you please restart Wowza in stand-alone mode(/bin/startup.bat | startup.sh on Mac) and test playback with Chromecast and post the console output to this thread? Alternatively you could zip your /conf and /log folders and send them to support@wowza.com to open a ticket. Please include as much detail of the issues you are having and the set up you are using, as well as a link to this thread as a reference.

Thanks,

Salvadore

Ok, great. Thanks for updating the thread.

Matt