Wowza Community

RTMP Not Playing On Any PC Not Connected To The Test Machine

Hi,

One Step Away From Completion.

I have gone over everything, at least 20 times. Have been through the Tutorials step by step, no joy.

Waited 3 days for someone in the Customer Success division to get back to me, he hasn’t.

Repeatedly referenced this post to try to troubleshoot this:

in fact in trying to, in my own limited way, set up the modem, i bricked it and it had to be replaced.

Nothing.

I am a Tab A Slot B person and were it not for Xara my site would not exist.

I am so far beyond frustrated it is not funny.

I don’t need a referral to another tutorial, I need specific help.

Set Up Part 1:

Set Up Part 2:

Help Me Please.

I Am So Willing To Pay You 55.00 A Month.

Some assistance to make sure this works would be nice.

IMO not a lot to ask for the monthly investment involved.

Hi,

In order to connect to your Wowza server from your website player, have you configured it to use the external IP of your local network router?

Zoran

Did you try changing this:

file: 'rtmp://192.168.0.1:1935/live/myStream',

into this:

file: 'rtmp://2XX.XX0.XX6.40:1935/live/myStream',

Here is a useful article describing how to properly embed JW Player into your web page:

How to use JW Player with Wowza Streaming Engine

Zoran

This issue is also being handled in support ticket #100319

Zoran

Hi,

If everything is configured correctly (router forwarding, Wowza running etc) then you should be able to use the following url in the browser address bar from outside your network

http://[router-public-ip]:1935/

This should return the Wowza version number that you are running.

If you don’t get that then either the connection is being blocked by a firewall or the router isn’t doing port forwarding properly. This will need to be fixed before you will have any chance of connecting from outside your network.

If the browser is outside of the network, you will need to use the public ip address in the player url. If the browser is inside the network, you will probably need to use the private ip address.

You mention in your first post, Waited 3 days for someone in the Customer Success division to get back to me, he hasn't. Do you mean Wowza Support? I can see your details on our support system from a couple of weeks ago however I don’t see any tickets. If you have a ticket number then either post it here so we can locate it or please open a new ticket at support@wowza.com. Please summarize the details from here and provide a link to this thread. Also please zip up and include the conf/, logs/ & manager/logs/ folders from your Wowza installation. Please also include details (real urls) for how we may access your web page and stream.

Roger.

Hi,

It does suggest that port forwarding is still not set up correctly. The current situation is that you can play the RTMP stream on your LAN but not outside of that? From outside of the LAN can you do a simple “telnet 1935”. If that fails then I’d suggest concentrating on your router port forwarding settings. The simple rule would be something like “public incoming on public port 1935 -> local address 192.168.0.3 local port 1935”. This is assuming that 192.168.0.3 is the LAN IP address of the Wowza server. You would also need to ensure that your web server can talk to Wowza on that network, but from your examples shown this looks to be ok for LAN to LAN traffic.

As Roger said, you may wish to raise a ticket and provide the details requested. Having a trial license is not a barrier.

Paul

Hi & Thanks,

the c2000t has a built in router i am using that.

ip config gives 1XX.xxx.0.1 as default gateway

Player script:

HOWEVER:

when i change the 0.3 {test player example} to 0.1 , not only does it still not work BUT

the test player on the same pc does not work, so its a step back.

Public IP=2XX.XX0.XX6.40.

When doing the above with that, the same thing happens. whatever is going on, the embedded player is not seeing the wowza stream, yet any alteration of

the code makes things worse.

i called my IP and they said that as far as the can see everything looks ok.

i added wowza to the pc firewall thinking that it may block after it gets by the modem firewall. doesn’t seem to have helped.

Darrel

Public IP=2XX.XX0.XX6.40.

When doing the above with that, the same thing happens. whatever is going on, the embedded player is not seeing the wowza stream, yet any alteration of

the code makes things worse.

i called my IP and they said that as far as the can see everything looks ok.

i added wowza to the pc firewall thinking that it may block after it gets by the modem firewall. doesn’t seem to have helped.

Darrel

Hi,

Thank You.

that did not work, connection rejected.

i dont know if i can open a ticket, still in the trial phase. would be happy to pay you every month, but i cant even get the stream going to see if it will work for me.

sent.

tag = RTMP Not Playing On Any PC Not Connected To The Test Machine