Wowza Community

ABR, jwplayer don't find the playlist.

hi,

i use Wowza Streaming Engine-4.0.6 (with tanscoder) and jwplayer 6.9.4867 and have Problems with ABR(Live Streams) and Playlist. i see the individual channels (different bandwidth and profils) over player.

Message from player:

playlist colud not be loaded

No playable sources found.

hier is the smil file under /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<video height=“160” src=“test.stream_160p”

systemLanguage=“eng” width=“284”>

<video height=“240” src="test.stream_240p "

systemLanguage=“eng” width=“360”>

<video height=“550” src=“test.stream_source”

systemLanguage=“eng” width=“340”>

and the html file

JW Player Fallback

OS Debian wheezy, AMD64

thx and regrads.

Hi,

What is the content of your resulting playlist.m3u8 file?

What do you get when you download the http://192.168.10.119:1935/live/smil:test.smil/playlist.m3u8 file?

Are you using your JWPlayer with an iOS device or on a desktop computer? Which JWPlayer license are you using?

Apple HLS streaming is supported for the desktop web based player only for the Premium and Enterprise JWPlayer license types.

Zoran

Hi there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Have you worked through this guide:

How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine

Salvadore

Hi,

Did you enable/configure your Transcoder addon following the instructions from the “How to set up and run Wowza Transcoder AddOn for live streaming” forum article?

Also, take a look at the “How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine” article, as Salvadore mentioned earlier. I think you can find some useful instructions in there.

Zoran

Thanks for the update Romina, please let us know if we can assist you again in the future.

Salvadore

Hi,

thx for your reply

@Zoran.

the content are from tvheadend with vlc

command:

vlc -vvv “http://192.168.10.120:9981/stream/channelid/25” --sout “#transcode{venc=x264{keyint=60,profile=baseline,level=3.0,nocabac},vcodec=x264,vb=150,scale=0.5,acodec=mp3,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=192.168.10.119,port=5500,mux=ts}”

I get a blank site in the browser.

i’m using the JWPlayer with a Win 7 Computer / Firefox.

I have a free license of JW Player.

Other Point.

I see in enginemanager / group the active streams.

for test.smil group is only test.stream_source activ. other profils are waiting for streams

in group test.stream_all are all streams activ.

thx

romina

thx again zoran. ABR works with flowplayer.