Wowza Community

MPEG-DASH - "manifest.mpd" configuration

Hello All,

I have a question about DASH. I wanted to play a VOD over MPEG-DASH and have noticed that Wowza is creating a manifest.mpd file. Can you tell me how this file will be created and if I have the possibility to configure this file, so I can tell Wowza in how many Periods,Sets and Segments my videofile should be splitted.

Thank You,

Ilya

Hi,

If you’re looking to set the duration of the chunks for MPEG-DASH, please see the article below for adjusting the packetization.

How to configure MPEG-DASH packetization (mpegdashstreaming)

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

ok, now I can set the duration of my chunks. But this is not why I’m interested in mpeg-dash. I would like to know, which file and how can I configure it the way my video will get more than 1 Period or at least more than 1 Adaptation Set and Representation ID, so the player can switch between the “quality level”. Thank You!

Best regards,

Ilya

PS

Ok, I’ve found out that it’s maybe possible to use .smil file to tell Wowza, at which bitrate the Videoqualities should be played. Is this also possible for VOD and it is, how can I do this.

I just want to have the possibility of dynamic quality change (RepresentationIDs). How can I do this? :slight_smile:

https://medium.com/@sourabhmodi20051/encrypting-videos-for-streaming-aes-and-drm-systems-1249bdb2a5b5

Guys check this out…

Excellent article- thanks for sharing!