Thread: Per Application Password File not working for me...

Question Per Application Password File not working for me...

Using the documentation available here, the server continues to only honor the [install-dir]/conf/publish.password file. I am testing with QuickTime Broadcaster (RTSP) with both 4.05 & 4.06 on Windows 2012 R2.

I renamed the publish.password file located in the default Live Application directory to see if it is actually looking to it. In the root wowzastreamingengine_error.log I see the following which suggests that it is looking there:

ModuleCoreSecurity.onAppStart[live/_definst_]: Publish: RTMP Authorization: password file does not exist:'F:\Wowza Streaming Engine\conf\live\publish.password'. RTMP Publishing disallowed.

My publish.password is set using the documented way:

# Publish password file (format [username][space][password])
    #username password
    live live

Help! This is driving me nuts.

Hi,

This does appear to be a bug which I will let our engineering team know about.

Please try adding the following property to your application properties and see if that fixes it.

Path Name Value
    Root/Application rtspEncoderAuthenticateFile ${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/conf/${com.wowza.wms.context.Application}/publish.password

Roger.

Adding the above property did the trick. Does this issue impact other broadcast protocols or just RTSP? (Since the key is for rtspEncoderAuthenticateFile)

Thanks Roger!