Wowza Community

ERROR: Client is not in list of valid encoders.

I built Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0.6 on EC2, and am trying to publish live stream from Elemental Live hardware encoder.

I made sure that the Wowza server works well with GoCoder app, but doesn’t work with Elemental Live hardware encoder.

According to the error log on Elemental Live encoder,

2014-08-19 07:54:15 I RTMP mediaID [25] successfully connected to server [Connection succeeded.] [FMS/3,5,7,7009] []

2014-08-19 07:54:15 I RTMP mediaID [25] server URI is [rtmp://999.999.999.999/livexxxxx]

2014-08-19 07:54:15 I RTMP mediaID [25] calling server-side FCPublish.

2014-08-19 07:54:15 I RTMP mediaID [25] stream name is [myStream]

2014-08-19 07:54:15 I RTMP mediaID [25] stream created successfully.

2014-08-19 07:54:15 I RTMP mediaID [25] connection message [NetStream.Publish.Denied] [RTMP Publishing not allowed. Client is not in list of valid encoders.] [] []

It seems that the hardware encoder is denied from valid encoder list. I couldn’t find any info about the valid encoder list on the Internet. How can I make my encoder allowed to publish?

Thanks

Masa

Hi,

Do you see anything being written out in the Wowza access logs? I’m wondering if it’s connecting with Wowza is rejecting the connections due to invalid Flash version string (Engine Manager > App name > Outbound security). See if disabling security helps or at least rules that out. Maybe also disabling any user based credentials on Wowza and set your Elemental encoder not to require rtmp authentication (if it has that option).

Paul

Masa, thanks for the update and glad you were able to get this sorted.

Salvadore

Thanks for this info mzmiller. It is likely to help people in the future.

Welcome to the Wowza support forum and please let us know if there is anything we can help you with down the road.

Regards,

Salvadore

Have you followed the suggestions listed above in this thread and are still having an issue?

Salvadore

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your advice.

I checked the Wowza log and found the device name of my hardware encoder, which is “Elemental Live / 2.4.2.24443 (compatible; MSS/1.0)”

According to the How to configure security using Wowza Streaming Engine Manager page you mentioned,

Engine Manager > App name > Incoming Security > Flash Version String checks encoder manufacturer.

I put “Elemental Live” into Flash Version String field, then it became working.

Thank you so much.

Masa

This solution also worked for me using a Teradek Vidiu Encoder. I had to put “Teradek/1.0 (compatible; FMSc/1.0)” under Flash Version String. It was -not set- before on Wowza version version 4.0.4. Thanks save me a bunch of frustration!

I have the same error message “Android RTMP publish not allowed. Client is not a list of valid encoders”, while run on Android “OS BROADCASTER” (Live RTMP streamer), © Olobon soft. Video codec: Sorenson Spark, Audio codec: Speex, NellyMoser.

OK. At this time working perfectly with “Elemental Live” and No authentication