Wowza Community

video to audio

Hi,

We know - How to add an audio track to a video-only stream.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-add-an-audio-track-to-a-video-only-stream-moduleaddaudiotrack

but…

How to add a video track to an audio-only stream?

for example… restreaming SHOUTCast

Is it possible? If so - Give it some way.

Hello there,

What is the source of the video? Is it Live or VOD?

If streaming an IP camera, take a look at this guide:

How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming)

You can stream video and audio from one or more IP cameras, and you can stream from shoutcast at the same time using the same application; in the StreamManager step use MediaCaster type “rtp” to start the camera, and use MediaCaster type “shoutcast” to start the shoutcast stream.

You have to use 2 .stream files. Each one will have one URL only. Start them separately with the necessary MediaCaster type.

shoutcast.stream

ipcamera.stream

If you are going to want them to be synchronized in anyway, there really isn’t going to be a way to do that.

For VOD, you can use the Stream class to publish live streams using static content:

How to do basic server-side publishing with Stream class streams

I hope this helps get you started.

Salvadore

Thank you.

“If you are going to want them to be synchronized in anyway, there really isn’t going to be a way to do that.”

As I understood - you can not synchronize the two streams.

Shotcast stream audio with the video (live or VOD).

So as to obtain the output of one stream - audio (shoutcast) and video (live or VOD).

Hi,

We do have an add audio track module and I will look at how we can integrate an add video track module. As Salvadore has pointed out there would be no way to synchronize the video with the audio, however an output stream could be created. As with the add audio track module now the video asset would need to be a local file for Wowza to use.

Andrew.

Synchronization will most likely be an issue.

Salvadore