Wowza Community

Restream a Single Camera from a Multi Channe Network DVRl

Hi Everyone - I’m hoping someone out there can help me out with this issue…

I’m trying to re-stream a single camera from a dual stream Network Dvr.

I Have 16 channel network dvr that is plugged in to my router & holds an ip.

I can set up an account where just one camera is viewable, but I am wondering if there would be a way

to use wowza to re-stream 1 camera view without having to give out dvr log in info to several people.

My hardware is a Q-See h.264 Dual Stream Network Dvr - plugged in to an Actiontec router.

I hope this makes sense & I hope someone out there can help me out!

Hi,

The dvr needs to provide rtsp access so that Wowza can pull a stream and resend that to your intended players / destinations.

If not rtsp, then there should be some other protocol I would think, most likely http.

If the dvr doesn’t use the rtsp protocol you’ll have to bridge that functionality some how. One way is to use a tool in the middle such as FFMPEG

or VLC

Daren

Hi,

Figuring out how to connect to a particular stream provided by your DVR system would be the key here. Once you have the RTSP URL to connect to it, you can use the instructions from the “How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming)” forum article to have Wowza connect to it.

Zoran

Hi Daren

Thanks for your reply! Http works fine, but that takes a second/third etc… Login creation to the dvr which I’m trying to avoid. Is there a way to make rtsp work? My dvr documentation is terrible and I’m figuring this out as I go. I also couldn’t get vlc to work, but I’ll read up on and try ffmpeg.

Thanks again!

Paul