Wowza Community

Audio but no video ?

Hi all,

I can’t seem to find any relevant info to solve my problem, so hopefully someone here will be able to provide me with some directions :slight_smile:

Here is my setup.

One WOWZA server, installed on a CentOS 6.4 box, on which the live application runs.

I have two feed providers, incoming on wowza server through udp port 4900 and 5000.

The video feeds are encoded using TS over UDP with two of the same encoder. Their settings are alike.

In Wowza, I declared two stream files, respectively stream1.stream and stream2.stream listening on udp 4900 and 5000, and connected them to the live app.

To display the feeds, I use VLC and connect with rstp://wowza-server:1935/live/stream1.stream for example. I have the same results when using the “Test Players” in Wowza.

Now here is the problem :

One stream plays smoothly, while the other one fails to load the video. However, the VLC player “codec info” shows the audio is present (although nothing is recorded on the encoder because we don’t need audio).

And here is another piece of information :

I temporarily swapped my wowza server for a ubuntu and could play both video feeds just fine, opening udp://@: port. This would mean there is no network or encoder configuration problems.

Ideas, anyone? :slight_smile:

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say “I temporarily swapped my wowza server for a ubuntu”. Do you mean you moved your Wowza install from Centos to Ubuntu and then it played fine?

Paul

Hi,

I recommend taking a look at the settings in the .stream file. Please see and article below which shows how to make stream these changes which may help.

How to specify per-stream settings in .stream files

Do you see anything in the logs which would indicate what the issue could be?

If you’re unable to resolve the problem using the per stream settings in the .stream file, please open a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com

When creating a ticket please include a link to this thread for reference, a detailed description of the problem and steps taken to resolve it and a ZIP file containing the following directories:

[Wowza-Install]/conf/

[Wowza-Install]/logs/

[Wowza-Install]/transcoder/

[Wowza-Install]/manager/logs/

Please make sure you provide logs which show Wowza server starting.

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux

• If you have a live stream please outline the type of encoder in use along with the encoding settings for the stream.

• If you are using a .stream file to start re-streaming please provide this.

• If you have a on demand stream you may be asked to provide access to the content you are using for further testing. At this stage it is not required.

• If you are using multiple bitrates (ABR) then please provide the SMIL file associated with your configuration.

Regards,

Jason

Sorry, no, I meant I changed IPs so that my ubuntu desktop would take the wowza server IP and vice versa, in order to get the incoming streams on ubuntu desktop and be able to test them directly with VLC.

Bumping this up. I reinstalled the whole server but still have the same issue.

Thoughts? I’d take anything! :slight_smile:

Also, I realized recently that when I run the test player “Adobe RTMP” long enough (like 5 or 6 minutes) on the failing stream, I end up being able to see a very low quality of the video, something like 32 colors and 2 frames per sec.