Wowza Community

Make alias between appInstances

Is there any method to make alias in one appInstance (or even Application) for stream in another one?

For example: I publish stream myhost/app1/appInst1/stream1 and want to make it available at the path: myhost/app1/appInst2/stream3 or myhost/app2/appInst3/stream1

Standard modules StreamNameAlias or interface IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 allow me to change only last part (stream name).

Hi there Alex, and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but you may be able to achieve what you described with the MediaCaster system:

How to use Stream Manager in Wowza Media Server 3

You would need to start pulling the MediaCaster stream for each app instance

I hope this is helpful.

Salvadore

You can do something similar by utilizing the stream name alias module. You can create an entry in your aliasmap.stream.txt file. You can also use the IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 by resolving to the appropriate url in resolveStreamAlias.

In IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 I was suggesting that you can return a rtmp url to resolve in that event handler. Otherwise you can map a stream name to the full rtmp url in stream name alias as well. There is a stream name passed as a parameter but you can resolve it to a complete url.

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you for answer, Salvadore.

It seems that pulling requires to have ready .stream files in content folder. And I want to create aliases to stream when it is published to the Wowza server

Does IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 allow to change ApplicationInstance? As I can see from API documentation it only changes stream name.

Currently the only way that I can find is duplicate stream:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-duplicate-streams-to-another-application-instance-moduleduplicatestreams

though it looks like too complicated for my task

Thanks, Matt.

Does this technique works for Apple HLS? I need streams to work on iOS and Android too.