Wowza Community

Noise reduction audio filter

Hi,

I have WowzaMediaServer 3.6.2 which serves approximately 150 H.264 & PCM mu-Law incoming RTMP streams from IP-cameras. Unfortunately audio channel has very low quality (8bit, 8000 Hz) and too noisy. Due to limitations of encoder there is no chance to reduce audio noise onboard the IP-camera.

Is it possible to develop Wowza module which processes input stream, demuxes audio, applies noise reduction filter and generates output RTMP stream with muxed audio and video channels? What Wowza Server Side API should I use to develop such a filter?

Thanks,

Artem

Hi there,

I think this “noise” is cause because PCM mu-law is not a supported audio codec. However is is supported by the Wowza Transcoder for transcoding.

You can learn more about this here:

AddOn: Wowza Transcoder

Salvadore

I think this “noise” is cause because PCM mu-law is not a supported audio codec. However is is supported by the Wowza Transcoder for transcoding.

You can learn more about this here:

AddOn: Wowza Transcoder

Salvadore

Salvadore,

I use Wowza Transcoder AddOn to transcode PCM mu-Law to AAC in a processing pipeline but output audio quality is very poor because of original audio encoder. So the main idea is to do some audio processing before transcoding and use audio enhancement algorithms from Intel IPP library.