Wowza Community

Incoming h.264 stream -> output to http flv

Note sure if this is the right section of the forum, but here we go.

I have an encoded h.264 stream coming into wowza via rtsp. I am able to stream this out all of the available flavors. I would now like to stream this out via a http encapsulated flv stream. I have looked through the forum and support documentation and everything is referencing a locally hosted fly file on the VOD application. I have no issue using the VOD application rather than the live application.

The Wowza server is a hosted instance on Amazon EC2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Can you please describe what you are trying to do in more detail? I am not sure exactly how to advise at this point.

Are you talking about HTML5? or Tunneling?

Thanks, and we look forward to helping you with this.

Salvadore

if your stream is live you can you Wowza stream recording function:

How to record live streams (Wowza Streaming Engine)

You can specify what file format the stream is saved to as a VOD asset:

Recording live streams in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager

If the stream is a VOD stream, you can use something like ffmpeg to encode to flv:

How to encode video on demand content

I hope this helps.

Salvadore

Hello.

I also interested in this feature.

Moreover, I’ve seen live streams over http that are recognized as flv video (livejasmin.com, warn you that there is adult content).

Don’t know how did they do that or maybe it’s recorded video but it is possible. Suppose that Wowza Streaming Engine should be able to do the same. Or if it does not it would be great feature.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

Thank you for your response Salvadore.

My goal is to use this Stream with a Digital Signage platform (NanoNation).

They have requested that the format that streaming video is in is either FLV or SWF (basically old fashioned flash video). What I would need help with is to take the stream coming in h.264 and have it be encapsulated in FLV. It looks like that would mean some Transcoding would need to occur on the Wowza server?

The other requirement of the Digital Signage software is that it needs to be a webpage that can be accessed by a browser. I would prefer that the webpage could be generated by the wowza server as the only thing on the page would be the FLV/SWF video.

I have tried using the Apple HLS format (which is being served via HTTP) as the digital signage software is running on a Mac, but that did not work either.

Hello Salvadore,

that will unfortunately not work as this live feed would be running 24/7. Is there a way for the server to support a rolling record? This would mean a file that would record and after specific period of time it would switch to a new file and the old file would be deleted?

As this will be in an installed environment with high-availablity, a software solution with FFMpeg is not an option. It would definitely need to be a hardware encoding appliance that can send a standard. It sounds like I may need to look at an appliance that can generate a FLV stream (h.264 or otherwise) rather than a standard h.264 stream.

Is there a way to send the h.264 stream and serve it as a HTML5 stream? Are any of the existing streams already HTML5?