Wowza Community

Live RTMP Push with HLS Pulling with Vidiu

Hello everyone,

I just bought a full license today so we could take advantage of the HTTP live Origin server, so that our CDN pulls the HLS chuncks, and it’s now working. However we are using a Vidiu to broadcast into the wowza server and we only have one stream we can send to in wowza apparently. The problem is we want to push rtmp out to the CDN but the Http Live Origin Application does not seem to allow us to also add push publishing to it. We have 2 applications but only can set the vidiu to stream to one of these. Does anyone have any suggestions to get both HLS pull and RTMP push to work with only one stream input from our Vidiu encoder?

Will this work with the duplicatestreams module? https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-duplicate-streams-to-another-application-instance-moduleduplicatestreams

Thanks so much for your time…

If there’s no mistake in your configuration then there exist multiple ways to achieve requested workflow.

Each of them is a bit hacky… i wonder why push publishing setup is not working in your case - it should, actually.

Also, yes, it should work with duplicatestreams module.

So short answer - it should just work. Otherwise, some additional configuration required. Not impossible for sure.

I can probably look at your configuration as consultant if you want, in this case write me to rshmelev@gmail.com

Hi,

If you think the configuration is correct, please email support@wowza.com to create a ticket so we can help you get this working correctly.

When creating a ticket, please include a detailed description of the problem, a link to this thread for reference and a zip file containing for following directories:

[Wowza-Install]/conf/

[Wowza-Install]/logs/

[Wowza-Install]/transcoder/

[Wowza-Install]/manager/logs/

Please do make sure you provide logs which show Wowza server starting.

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.

How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux

Regards,

Jason

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I’m glad it’s working for you now.

Zoran

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies… After reading your posts I was confident that it was a problem with the config files… It turns out I F’ed up on the module open and close tags for push publish in the application.xml. So now that’s fixed…

To explain alittle more… If I remember right when I added the pushpublish module to the other live application it added the module lines on its own to the application.xml file… But with this HTTP Live Origin application, after adding the same module to the panel and then restarting there was no module entry in the application.xml so I had to manually enter it, and that’s where I messed up on the tags.

Thanks so much for your time everyone