Wowza Community

ModuleDuplicateStreams Configuration

Hey guys,

I am trying to use the Duplicate Streams Module here with the latest version of Wowza and I am having a hard time splitting up a incoming stream so that it feeds into another applications called ‘live’. The current work flow looks like this:

Vidiu Encoder-> Wowza (HTTP Origin Server) -> stream (application) -> myStream (Incoming Stream Name)

We want the stream to go from the ‘stream’ application to the ‘live’ application and show up in the incoming streams.

Below is the configuration thats set.

duplicateStreamsStreamNames

String

duplicateStreamsTargetVHostName

defaultVHost

String

duplicateStreamsTargetAppName

live/definst

String

duplicateStreamsStreamNameSuffix

_dest

String

Presently we don’t have a vhost configured on the Wowza server. I have changing the value for duplicateStreamsTargetAppName to ‘live/myStream’ & ‘live’ but no streams have shown up yet. Searching around I couldnt find any posts on this subject and the reference manual https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-duplicate-streams-to-another-application-instance-moduleduplicatestreams is very prompt and to the point so I’m not sure what the values should be.

Thanks so much for your time.

I just did a quick test of the module and it should work as intended. Please zip up your conf/ and logs/ directories and send them to support@wowza.com for further review.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

Did you copy the wms-plugin-collection.jar file into your Wowza lib/ folder as described in the Module Collection article?

Zoran

Matt,

Thanks for the reply I went ahead and sent over the details to the support team. Yeah man I can’t seem to get it to work no matter what I put into the values…

I just did a quick test of the module and it should work as intended. Please zip up your conf/ and logs/ directories and send them to support@wowza.com for further review.

Thanks,

Matt

Just an update my module disappeared from my modules list… So re-added it and seen in the error log that its having a hard time finding the class file. I copy and pasted the name from the webpage so I guess maybe a jar file is missing from my new installation?

WARN: loadModFunctions[bargains/definst]: Module class not found or could not be loaded. Check [install-dir]/conf/bargains/Application.xml to be sure all Modules/Module/Class paths are correct: name:ModuleDuplicateStreams class:com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleDuplicateStreams

Thanks again for everything

Matt,

Thanks for the reply I went ahead and sent over the details to the support team. Yeah man I can’t seem to get it to work no matter what I put into the values…