Thread: connection troubles

Default connection troubles

Hello

since a few weeks, more and more of my users have difficulties to connect to my webapp (flash based)
    i'm using a shotgun approach, trying to connect on ports 443, 80, 1935 with rtmp or rtmpt. the system connects to the first available channel. it was working perfectly since years, but since a few time it seems that more and more people have problems to get connected...i'm using both wowza 3.6 and wowza 4 servers. i don't think this is directly related to wowza, but did other people experience the same behavior recently ?

for example i saw some really weird stuff on my customers computer: for example when typing in the address bar let's say http://mywowzaserver.com:443. with one browser (IE for instance) it was displaying the wowza version, with another browser (chrome and FF) it was displaying a "can't connect to this page blabla...". super strange...

thank you !

Hi there, can you please explain your setup in more detail?

Are you using an origin-edge configuration? As this would cause issues using different Wowza versions in that setup.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you with more details.

Salvadore

hello and thank you for your reply
    this is not edge origin config...i've got several servers running differents wowzaversions, but they are all independant

Hi,
    We can look at this in more detail if you ope a ticket by sending an email to support@wowza.com.
    Please include a ZIP file containing the following directories, a detailed description of the issue and a link to this thread for reference.
    [Wowza-Install]/conf/
    [Wowza-Install]/logs/
    [Wowza-Install]/transcoder/
    [Wowza-Install]/manager/logs/

Please do make sure you provide logs which show Wowza server starting.

If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.
    How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, OS X, and Linux

- If you have a live stream please outline the type of encoder in use along with the encoding settings for the stream.
    - If you are using a .stream file to start re-streaming please provide this.
    - If you have a on demand stream you may be asked to provide access to the content you are using for further testing. At this stage it is not required.
    - If you are using multiple bitrates (ABR) then please provide the SMIL file associated with your configuration.

Regards,
    Jason