Thread: Does Strobe Media Player Support HTML5

Default Does Strobe Media Player Support HTML5

Hi guys i want to expand to iOS streaming, i have been using JW player but i find it sucks,
    I like using strobe Media player but want to know if it supports html5 and if so can someone give me a sample code please?
    I use this site to get the code for my normal streams but wouldnt know where to start with a html5 code so a full sample code would be appreciated indeed,

Hi there,

The only browser that supports the HTML5 video tag with H.264/AAC that I know of is Safari on iOS using Cupertino Streaming like this:
      <title>Cupertino Streaming</title>
    <video controls src="http://[wowza-address]:1935/vod/sample.mp4/playlist.m3u8">
    But there may be a current Safari bug. There is a workaround posted in this tutorial

I hope this helps.

But i can get it to work on safari ios devices fine with JW player but i find Strobe Media player much more stable but cant get it to work on iOS, So there isnt a way?

It's my understanding that the Strobe Media player supports Adobe Flash HDS streaming and does not support Apple HLS for playback.
    If you would rather use Flash HDS streaming, you may want to take a look at our FlowPlayer article.

There is some 3rd party HLS plugin (Paid Plugin) for OSMF (Which Strobe Media Player based on), but you may need to modify the Strobe Media Player code in order to use that