Wowza Community

How to set up the Vidiu

Hi guys,

I am struggling to see how to pair my vidiu box with Wowsa.

The settings I have seen in re software are not the same as the ones within the Vidiu.

Is there a guide for setting this up please.

Hi,

There isn’t a specific guide for setting up the

There is a specific setup video tutorial for the Teradek Cub here.,

a very similar product, and this may well help you on the right track.

There is this written tutorial that guide’s through the setup for using an RTMP based encoder with Wowza, which is what the Vidiu is.

Daren

Hi,

I did check and in the above case the issue was the firewall blocking the external port 1935, so stopping the encoder from reaching Wowza Streaming Engine.

Not sure if it’s the same for you?

Certainly check to ensure you can reach the Wowza Streaming engine with

http://[WowzaIPaddress]:1935

and ensure you can play the sample vod file from

this test player, using this

for the server:
 rtmp://[wowzaIPaddress]:1935/vod
and this for the stream:
 mp4:sample.mp4

If they do not work at all then you either have a firewall blocking the port, or Wowza may not be running on that port, or may not even be running at all.

Hi,

This issue will now be handled in a ticket which has been created (102630).

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Darren.

I have now done all that. I am running Streaming engine so bypassed the change to xml settings.

I have added the following into my vidiu but still no joy connecting. Any ideas on where I am going wrong?

URL: rtmp://192.168.0.7:1935/live

Stream: myStream

Agent: Do I want Teradek or FMLE?

Username: Name of my stream but also tried with nothing in box as it says it does not require it in the settings

Password: password of my stream but also tried with nothing in box as it says it does not require it in the settings

I could have used an answer to this thread as I am having the same issue. The VidiU just says “Starting”

Can anyone help me? I followed the video tutorial for the Teradek Cube with no luck and then tried the written tutorial for the Cube with no luck. The options between the Cube and the VidiU is very similar so I was sure it would work but I am stuck it does not successfully go live. I could use some help please and thanks.