Wowza Community

nDVR is not working

Hello all

I am trying to use nDVR function to time-shift (12 hours) a live stream, but when I try to play the recorded stream and I got this error :

HTTPStreamerAdapterCupertinoStreamer.service: Request timeout: 8000

The original stream (live) is still playing well, and the recorded forder seems packed with data, but I dont know why the recorded stream cant play

Here is my playback url

http://x.x.x.x:1935/dvr/stream/playlist.m3u8?DVR&wowzadvrplaylistduration=4320000

Please help

Hi,

That specified duration might be trying to return too big of a playlist. Have you tried some smaller values first?

If the URL returns too big of a playlist it may just time out waiting for the playlist.

Make sure you follow this guide for setting up and using: nDVR Playlist Request API.

Daren

Hi,

That specified duration might be trying to return too big of a playlist. Have you tried some smaller values first?

If the URL returns too big of a playlist it may just time out waiting for the playlist.

Make sure you follow this guide for setting up and using: nDVR Playlist Request API.

Daren

Hi Daren

Thanks for your response.

I have read that article few times but Im still not quite sure I understand all that, so if its great if you can give me some outlines what steps are need to be done, and should I use what option to archive my goal that delays live stream to 12hours