Wowza Community

Problems with live stream using cloudformation

Hi

I have been stuck on this for a few days. I have been trying to stream an rtsp ip camera using aws and cloud formation but I cannot get wowza to accept the stream.

I originally started by following Live HTTP streaming with wowza on amazon just to stream my webcam and that worked fine.

I then had ec2 and wowza streaming engine setup and able to convert a rtmp stream and publish it using cloud front.

Then I followed How to re-stream video from an IP camera (RTSP/RTP re-streaming) on wowsa and using the same cloudformation that I had from the previous guide I added my ip camera to the stream files and connected it but when I look at incoming streams it always says that my status is waiting for stream.

I have tried this different ways. the first time I created the instance was by following the first amazon guide, and another time I created the instance myself following the wowsa streaming engine guide for amazon and choosing the ami myself

I am using a Vivotek network camera Model IP8372

I have the camera ports forwarded on a static ip and can access the stream using vlc from other networks

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Do you have any logging messages on your origin server about the IP camera? Possibly it can’t reach the camera and you might see mediacaster errors in trying to connect etc. Can you post some access logs?

Thanks,

Matt

I am such an idiot. I was going through some logs with my boss and I had put down port 544 instead of 554. I must have changed that after doing the first test doing the live http stream.

Thanks for your help, that prompt got me looking in the right area now I can go jump out of the window from the embarresment :o