Wowza Community

EC2 vods3 Test Players not working

Hi There,

I just installed a fresh instance of Wowza on an EC2 instance. I noticed that the Test Players panel is not working on the vods3 application. I did not do anything to the server except add our license. It seems like this should work out of the box.

Engine Version

4.0.4 (build 11775)

Here is the error in the logs:

WARN server comment 2014-09-11 18:55:41 - - - - - 304.585 - - sample.mp4 MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.IOException: MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open: MediaCache source not found: sample.mp4: java.io.IOException: MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open: MediaCache source not found: sample.mp4|at com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheRandomAccessReaderFilter.open(MediaCacheRandomAccessReaderFilter.java:77)|at com.wowza.wms.mediareader.h264.MediaReaderH264.open(MediaReaderH264.java:250)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.file.PlaylistPlayer.play(PlaylistPlayer.java:790)|at com.wowza.wms.stream.file.MediaStreamFilePlay.play(MediaStreamFilePlay.java:111)|at com.wowza.wms.response.ResponseStreams.output(ResponseStreams.java:51)|

Hi,

Seems like it doesn’t recognize this MediaCache source.

What playback URL did you use?

RTMP playback should be similar to this:

rtmp://[wowza-server-ip]/vods3/_definst_/mp4:amazons3/mybucket/subfolder/sample.mp4

See page 27 of the EC2 users guide here for more playback examples.

Daren

Hi,

The simple playback URLs I provided assumed that the content was public. To stream private content you need to provide the authorization.

The EC2 users gude covers setting up the authoorization using your AccessKeyId and SecretAccessKey pair.

This is described in the EC2 users guide here on page 30.

Daren

Hi Gary,

Understood. However because this is streaming from an S3 bucket, it assumes that the content is available in an s3 bucket that you specify,

so the sample.mp4 should have been previously uploaded to your bucket.

By default the vods3 application is configured with S3 authorization turned off. This means that all content must be publicly available.

So this should work out of the box, but to be clear, your URL has to point to a bucket that has the content in it.

Page 30 of the EC2 Users Guide does give test examples that you can use that will work.

Daren

Hi Gary, it is possible this issue is related to your other Media Cache issue posted here.

Have you resolved the Media Cache issue? If so are you still have the same problem with reading the Media Cache source after resolving the previous issue?

Thank you.

Salvadore

Oh dear. I am very sorry for the confusion.

Please forgive my interruption.

Salvadore

Hi Daren,

Thanks for the response. I tried to view the test video on the Test Players link on the Applications -> vods3 page. I did not modify any of the MediaCache settings. I would think this would work out of the box.

http://[wowza-server-ip]:8088/enginemanager/Home.htm#application/defaultVHost/vods3/vodedge/main

Hi Salvadore. That post was not mine, that was from ‘garymonk’ not ‘garykahn’. The problem happens on a brand new install on EC2. I think this is just a bug. It seems that the Test Player should work since there is one MediaCache store that comes pre-configured.

Hi Daren,

The problem is not with my content. I just wanted to point out that the sample file provided by Wowza used to test an installation does not work for the sample Application vods3 that is is provided as part of the default install of wowza on an EC2 server. It strikes me as a bug with the wowza setup for EC2. I would think the test video (sample.mp4) should play just after an install.

Gary