Wowza Community

Error on startup for mediacache using Amazon S3

I’m receiving the following error when the mediacache gets initialized…

ERROR server comment 2014-09-11 15:19:22 - - - - - 0.269 - - - - - - - - ServerUtils.loadServerListener: Error creating (com.wowza.wms.plugin.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheServerListener) : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wowza.wms.plugin.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheServerListener|at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)|at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)|at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)|at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)|at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)|

From what I can tell the listener is setup properly based on the article “How to use Amazon S3 with a standalone Wowza Media Server and the MediaCache AddOn”

Thanks

Hi Gary, can you please tell us what version of Wowza you are running?

As of Wowza 4.x MediaCache is no longer a plug in, it is built into Wowza, so com.wowza.wms.plugin.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheServerListener is an invalid reference in 4.x

The correct reference would be com.wowza.wms.mediacache.impl.MediaCacheServerListener

This guide will show you how to configure Media Cache with the new Wowza Streaming Engine:

How to scale video on demand streaming with Media Cache

I hope this helps.

Salvadore