Wowza Community

Strange Video Size Issue

OK so using JW Player I have - the same video - that plays back in my player at correct size from wowza (private) but the public version (for trailer) plays back same video with wrong aspect.

The source is from dv so not my normal render settings but I dont get how the same player on the same page would play the same video clip from one server wrong and one correct. video also play correct aspect in quicktime player

note: i upload my public videos to AWS and stream from wowza private -

Hi there.

Can you please test your AWS stream with the JW Player demo player to see if the issue persists?

Also you can open the streams in VLC and see look at Tools > Codec Info. Are the video details the same for both streams?

If you are still having issues after these troubleshooting steps, please zip up your /conf and /log folders and send them, along with the URL to your player to support@wowza.com

Thank you.

Salvadore

Can you please test your AWS stream with the JW Player demo player to see if the issue persists?

—> good tip to check in jw. bad aspect issue does not occur there. aspect is correct in jw player wizard from my own server and from AWS

Also you can open the streams in VLC and see look at Tools > Codec Info. Are the video details the same for both streams?

----> in vlc it plays correct aspect from local and reads H264 MPEG4 AVC (part 10) (avc1). cloudfront stream in VLC plays correct aspect and reads the same H264 MPEG4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)

the only place i can imagine something happening is in our code that calls AWS public becasue it only happen in our player on public. possibly our aws public code is set to handle a certain frame size of video in a certain way.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Salvadore