Wowza Community

Addon streams in append mode

Hello,

Is there a way to avoid addon streams versionning ?

The first time I stream, I get a mystream_720p.mp4 file with the 720p addon.

If I stream again with the same application, I have a mystream_720p_0.mp4 file.

I need to have a unic file, so, how to append addon streams without versionning ?

Thanks,

B.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

If you are following this guide to record the stream:

How to record live streams (Wowza Streaming Engine)

Then you will want to change the “Versioning Option” from “Version existing file” to “Append to existing file”

The process is described in this section of the guide

If you are using the LiveStreamRecord API:

How to record live streams (HTTPLiveStreamRecord)

You will need to change the “Recording Options” from “Version existing file” to “Append to existing file”

And the process can be found in this section of the guide

Thank you, and I hope this helps.

Salvadore

if you are simply using a StreamType of “live-record” to record the streams, you could add these properties to the Application.xml/Streams properties:

<Property>
   <Name>versionFile</Name>
   <Value>false</Value>
   <Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>
<Property>
  <Name>appendFile</Name>
  <Value>true</Value>
  <Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>

Salvadore

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

Salvadore

A little more information on this.

With a StreamType of “live-record” every stream published to the application will be recorded in its entirety. “live-record” is very limited in this way, so if you need more control over how and what streams are recorded you can use the LiveStreamRecord API.

Also, this could append a bad recording to a good one. If there is no worry about network connections from various client locations, you can use “append” but if connections are not always reliable you might not want to use “append”

Thank you.

Salvadore

Salvatore,

Thanks for your quick answer but I still have a problem.

My goal is to append all my streams into a single file (no versionning) in order to replay a single file.

I use a transcoder (transrate actually) and the first time I stream I get a mystream_720p.mp4 file and the second time a 4259_720p_0.mp4 file.

The only way to avoid this is to go to the http://[wowza-ip-address]:8086/livestreamrecord admin and to set manually the append mode in the recording options.

Is there a way to parameter this in the Application.xml file ? I don’t succeed at it.

You can have a look to my Application file here.

Thanks in advance.

Best.

BM

Thanks very much Salvadore, that’s the good answer !

Best,

B.