Wowza Community

jwplayer.smil file and Labels

When using the Transcoder we make use the of the Stream name ngrp and the ability to specific something like ngrp:sm_all/jwplayer.smil to feed JWPlayer 6 all of the transcoded bitrates.

The problem we have is that inside of JWplayer the labels it uses are the Width setting. So if I do the following generated jwplayer.smil

Any thoughts on this?

I am also interested by this feature. Any news about this request?

Thanks.

Hi,

As you’re aware this is not currently available but I will add this as a feature request to our backlog on your behalf. Features which are added to our backlog are reviewed and considered for future versions of Wowza Streaming Engine.

At this time I can’t confirm if the feature will be approved and if so, any time-scales for it’s availability.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Jason

This is something that many people would still love to see baked in it’s really annoying to have to edit by hand EVERY time. @Jason Hilton

-Matthew

matthew@influxis.com

This is matthew from Influxis - the lack of this feature literally stings me EVERY DAY. There has to be an easy way to change this… for example setting up the transcoder for 5x streams gives me 5x 1280p titles… even adding the title manually it doesn’t change it.

Hi,

I’ve added this feature request to our backlog on your behalf (ticket 223694) and it will be looked at and considered for future versions of the Wowza Streaming Engine software. Included in this backlog was a link to another backlog request which would allow the title to be added to a regular .smil file created via the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (not the NGRP group that auto creates based on the transcoding template) as they are similar.

At this time I can’t confirm if these features will be approved and if so, any time-scales for their availability.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Jason