Thread: Push the stream to AWS Wowza instance.

Default Push the stream to AWS Wowza instance.

Hi,

I have 2 servers, one which has the internal UDP streams and the other is AWS. I have installed Wowza trial version on both the servers.

Now I have to stream the UDP to the AWS Wowza instance. So I followed the Push Publishing tutorial in this link: http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?109

I created ModulePushPublish and entered this in the PushPublishMap.txt:

test.stream_64kbps={profile:"rtmp", streamName:"test.stream", host:"ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com/Demo", userName:"wowza", password:"password", debugLog:true, debugPackets:true}

But when I connect to test.stream from the Wowza interface, it gives me this error in the wowzastreamingengine_access.log file:

java UnknownHost Exception. Failed to connect to the host. And few more warnings

What am I doing wrong here?
    AWS gives few URLs. I have used the one mentioned above. Should I use some other URL? If so can you give me an example as to how that URL looks like?

Or am I going about it in the wrong way?
    Can PushPublishing be used for my requirement?

Hi,

I think that you are not using correctly the "host" parameter. It should be ""ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com" and not ""ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com/Demo" like you have set it.

Is "Demo" your application name?
    In this case, the mapping from your PushPublishMap.txt file should look something like this:
    test.stream_64kbps={profile:"rtmp", streamName:"test.stream", host:"ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com", application:"Demo", userName:"wowza", password:"password", debugLog:true, debugPackets:true}

In the "How to push streams to CDNs and other services (Push Publishing)" forum article you can find a full list of available parameters that can be used in the PushPublishMap.txt file.

Zoran

Quote Originally Posted by zoran_u View Post
    Hi,

I think that you are not using correctly the "host" parameter. It should be ""ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com" and not ""ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com/Demo" like you have set it.

Is "Demo" your application name?
    In this case, the mapping from your PushPublishMap.txt file should look something like this:
    test.stream_64kbps={profile:"rtmp", streamName:"test.stream", host:"ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com", application:"Demo", userName:"wowza", password:"password", debugLog:true, debugPackets:true}

In the "How to push streams to CDNs and other services (Push Publishing)" forum article you can find a full list of available parameters that can be used in the PushPublishMap.txt file.

Zoran
    Thanks Zoran. I will try that out and come back to you.