Wowza Community

Transcoding Test Server

We are planning on transcoding potentially 100+ programs (Mpeg2 to 4). We have read several blog posts about performance, and the suggested video cards to perform this function in hardware. However, I have not seen a mention from anyone on how many programs GPU hardware is capable of transcoding simultaneously . I realize there is quite a bit of variance based on the size, quality, and encoding of the streams you intend to transcode. However, I am looking for some generalized statements from anyone that has tried transcoding multiple programs using a single GPU, and how many programs they were able to simultaneously transcode before encountering performance or quality degradation.

Hi,

Although GPU cards have not yet been added to our Transcoding benchmark, please review for an idea of the expected performance vs hardware.

The supported GPU cards can be found in the Nvidia NVENC and CUDA specifications page

Regards,

Jason

Great idea! Go for it through your plan. Take a look at the Premieressay.com rating you might be interested.

Its really great idea but you have to check the best supported GPU cards available. As a technical writer at best essay writing service i also used the GPU for my test server.