Wowza Community

I can use live repeater with local host

Hi everyone,

I want to create many live stream applications for different services on only one Wowza Server.

I publish all of my streams to an “live” origin application.

And I create edge live applications such as “slive”, “mlive” to get the streams from the “live” origin application.

I configure on the live edge applications with Primary Origin URL is " wowz://localhost:1935/live ".

But the live edge application above doesn’t work.

The logs show that

2014-09-27 11:22:31 ICT comment server INFO 200 - CupertinoStreamerLiveRepeaterReceiver.close[slive/definst/C001_HD_4:cupertinostreamingpacketizer] - - - 87484.96 - - - - -

2014-09-27 11:22:31 ICT comment server INFO 200 - CupertinoStreamerLiveRepeaterReceiver.resetStream[slive/definst/C001_HD_4:cupertinostreamingpacketizer] - - - 87484.971 - - - -

2014-09-27 11:22:44 ICT comment server INFO 200 -

How can I solve my problem?

Thank you.

Hi,

The live streams should play from the edge applications as described.

Did you create the applications using the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager (WSEM)?

I recommend trying the Origin URL with “wowz://127.0.0.1:1935/live”.

After editing the application you will need to restart it for the changes to take effect.

I would also check to make sure that you’re “LiveStreamPacketizers” section of the Application.xml file has the “repeater packetizers” for the allowed playback clients (not the regular packetizers).

Please post the container from your Application.xml file so that I can see if it’s correct.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi JasonH,

I realize that when I disable RTMP on Playback Types on Wowza Engine Manager Website, the edge application can’t connect to origin application. Is it right?

I don’t want to allow RTMP connection from client.

Here is my container:

Origin:

live

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

cupertinostreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer

Edge:

liverepeater-edge

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

cupertinostreamingrepeater, sanjosestreamingrepeater