Wowza Community

Setting up the trial version in EC2 for live streaming. Requiring assitance

Hi Everybody,

I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I have following scenario for which I am looking at best practices:

• We have built a device using RaspberryPi which will be the video producer, with two attached cameras.

• We have an EC2 instance with Ubuntu 14.04 where we have to put a streaming server, which will receive both the videos for further streaming

• We have an iPhone app which will connect to the streaming server to show live stream generated by the RaspberryPi device.

Now, I am a little clueless about how to ahead with it using Wowza engine.

The device and the apps are ready, it’s just the server part we are fiddling with.

Can the trial version be used for this purpose while we get the payments ready?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Aman

Hi Aman,

trial version can be used but wowza 4 has limit , 3 inbound 10 outbound as I remember , maybe I’m mistaken , but sure that has limit :slight_smile:

I can be the light while you’re following the path.You’ll come across a problem while playing on ios , cause of the codec, audio bitrate etc.

Now RaspberryPi can broadcast to Wowza or you try to find a way how to publish stream to wowza ?

Kind Regards,

Emre Karatasoglu

emre.karatasoglu@hotmail.com

LetheaSoftware

http://letheasoftware.com

http://emrekaratasoglu.com

Hi Aman, if there is an issue about streaming , DO NOT change your way after finding Wowza :slight_smile: As I’m a Wowza User , trust me wowza can meet all of your need.

I have to know which Os work on RaspberryPi ? You’ll have to write your own broadcast software to take the video source and stream automatically, also third party tool can be used , I prefer “lethea virtual encoder software” for taking source input and broadcasting to Wowza :stuck_out_tongue: just kidding :slight_smile: . If I take a chance to view your system , then I’ll help you to figure out .

Kind Regards,

Emre Karatasoglu

LetheaSoftware

Hi aman.alam Amazon Ec2’s instance has a firewall default. in linux instance only 22 port open , in windows only rdp open. Please check the security group of your instance , if 8088 not open , add 8088 as a new custom rule

Many thanks, letheasoftware!

My friend just got it working, I’ll ask him to post his steps here for others to see. (currently we are running short on time)

Now we are figuring out why GStreamer on our Raspberry Pi won’t send live streams to the server.

I put up another question here : Live Streaming from RaspberryPi using GStreamer - Help please?

If you could have a look, it would be great!

Thanks,

Aman

Hello Aman , nice to see you going forward. Actually I didn’t work too much on Gstreamer , but when I look the error

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

it’s so familiar to me :slight_smile: ffmpeg gives this error lots of time .

I try to tell when I took this error , then you’ll collapse your searching term.

First of all , to check if it’s gstreamer or publish problem by publishing wirecast,ffmpeg or fmle in your pc please ?

When wowza has a secureUrl module I saw this error.

When I use aac audio codec without strict experimental params ,

Wrong application name , case sensitive or not etc,

Final note : building ffmpeg is easier than solving gstreamer problem because maybe your gstreamer has bugs ( while I’m using gstreamer , the version has a problem with working wowza and it was not stable )

-Emre Karatasoglu

Hi Aman,

trial version can be used but wowza 4 has limit , 3 inbound 10 outbound as I remember , maybe I’m mistaken , but sure that has limit :slight_smile:

I can be the light while you’re following the path.You’ll come across a problem while playing on ios , cause of the codec, audio bitrate etc.

Now RaspberryPi can broadcast to Wowza or you try to find a way how to publish stream to wowza ?

Kind Regards,

Emre Karatasoglu

LetheaSoftware

Thanks for the reply, and for being the lighthouse, Emre!

Yes, I understand the limitations, and you’re also right about them.

We’re just waiting for things to set-up and run, because we’ve been trying other open source streaming server solutions without any help, so here we wanted to be sure that things work, before we put in money.

How do we then deal with the codec issue on iOS?

We still have to figure out how RaspberryPi will send streams to Wowza :slight_smile:

We are able to send streams to a sample Azure server which just tells that some data is being received.

We’ll have to see how we can configure it for Wowza.

Any pointers here?

Best Regards,

Aman

After tinkering around things, I got the server to work! :slight_smile:

Not just the server, I also got the live streaming to work using GoCoder app on Android.

Feels really great! :slight_smile:

Only one thing is bugging me right now, I can’t access the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager’s web interface from my local computer.

The server, I have installed on my cloud, and using VNS I am able to access the web panel using localhost:8088/enginemanager/ url.

But if I want to access the engine manager’s web panel on my laptop, or on my friend’s laptop, it keeps on loading forever.

I tried our AWS server’s public IP and its host name both, but to no avail.

Can you help on this please?

I can put up a separate question as well, if this is off topic here.

Much thanks in advance!

Many thanks, letheasoftware!

My friend just got it working, I’ll ask him to post his steps here for others to see. (currently we are running short on time)

Now we are figuring out why GStreamer on our Raspberry Pi won’t send live streams to the server.

I put up another question here : Live Streaming from RaspberryPi using GStreamer - Help please?

If you could have a look, it would be great!

Thanks,

Aman

Much thanks once again.

I’ll see if I could do what you said, and come back here.

-Aman