Wowza Community

How to view the current running m3u8 url video in wowza through iPad ?

Hi,

Through wowza, Adobe RTMP, In test players , Iam playing m3u8 video. But the same video if Iam playing in iPad through mpmovieplayercontroller , I can able to see some latency for more than 35 seconds. How can I solve this latency issue.

-laxmi

Hello Laxmi,

As a general rule 3 chunks are required by iOS devices for streaming to begin. Each chunk is set to 10 seconds by default. So that would be around 30 seconds latency.

If you use a keyframe interval of 1 frame per second you can lower the cupertinoChunkDurationTarget to 1 second(1000) and get the latency down to closer to 3 seconds.

Also, you might experiment with a setting of “1” for cupertinoPlaylistChunkCount but probably not a good idea for iOS.

This guide explains the configuration in more detail:

How to configure Apple HTTP Live Streaming packetization (cupertinostreaming)

Thank you, and I hope this is helpful for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future.

Salvadore

You have mentioned like keyframe interval of 1 frame per second you can lower the cupertinoChunkDurationTarget to 1 second(1000). If we are using encoders to stream to wowza, can we change frame per second here? Here Iam using 25 frames per second in encoder to stream to wowza. Please specify the settings based on 25 frames per second.