Wowza Community

HTTPProvider error - Module class not loaded....

I get this in the error log when I access my custom HTTPProvider…

loadModFunctions[live/definst]: Module class not found or could not be loaded. Check [install-dir]/conf/live/Application.xml to be sure all Modules/Module/Class paths are correct: name:webctrl class:com.coretec.wms.webctrl

However my HTTPProvider “webctrl” seems to work just fine. Not sure what to look for. I am importing other Wowza jar files. Any ideas?

JohnA

Hello,

Have you copied your custom HTTP provider JAR file into the [wowza-install-dir]/lib/ folder?

Please also make sure that you restart your Wowza server after adding your custom JAR file into the lib/ folder.

Zoran

Hello JohnA

It sounds like you have developed an HTTP Provider of which you have configured and runs properly. If that is all you have created, there is no need to put anything in your Application.xml. However, if you have created an additional application module extending ModuleBase, then you would define this towards the end of the section within the respective application’s configuration (i.e. conf/[app-name]/Application.xml) as follows:

<Modules>
... [other modules] ...
<Module>
	<Name>NameOfModule</Name>
	<Description>Module Description</Description>
	<Class>com.package.name.ModuleClassName</Class>
</Module>
</Modules>

Then simply add that jar file to your lib/ folder and restart Wowza.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello JohnA

Yes, if you are just intending on using the HTTP Provider then the other class created upon project creation isn’t necessary.

Thanks,

Matt

I think I have a idea about what’s going on. The HTTP Provider works. I put the definition of the class in the vhost.xml file as…

com.coretec.wms.webctrl.HTTPCamManager

But in the application.xml file I put the package name in the modules section as…

com.coretec.wms.webctrl

But the package also has the class webctrl that extends ModuleBase. So should I put this in the Modules section?

com.coretec.wms.webctrl.webctrl

I’m not sure what this entry in application.xml actually accomplishes. As I said the functionality seems ok. What do I put in application.xml, and what does it do?

Oh yeah… HTTPCamManager extends HTTP2ProviderBase

JohnA

Yes, it appears to be working correctly and the error was because of what I put in the application.xml. The class that extends ModuleBase was created by the “project wizard” (for lack of a better name) when I started my project in Eclipse. Now I’m guessing that I don’t even need that class in my project.

JohnA