Wowza Community

Live re-stream from Ubiquiti Aircam doesn´t works

I am new with Wowza, and I am having a trouble with something that I believe it should be very easy…

I just installed a trial version on a Debian VM, and I want to re-stream a feed from an Ubiquiti Aircam. I followed these steps (https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming) and when I click at “Test Players” button to test with RTMP, it displays the error “Source stream or file could not be found or access was denied”.

I have done it many times, the system seems to be very easy to understant, and the steps are really clear… I don´t understand why I can´t put it working.

Any tip will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Denilson

Hello Denilson

When you start the stream and look at the logs, do you see the stream actually coming through? Or do you see a series of reconnection attempts? You can copy/paste that portion of your log here for further review if possible.

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you, Matt. I was looking for informations in the default apache2 logs (/var/log/apache2) and not in the correct installation directory. With your information I decided to look for the correct information about logging in the UsersGuide, and found the correct place.

But the problem was in fact a misconfiguration in the RTSP URL for the aircam (rtsp://<CAM_IP>:554/live/ch01_0). It was just a wrong character…

I will now watch the videos from www.wowza.com/streaming/videos before proceding with my tests!

Thanks!