Thread: How do I play a saved stream from a live application?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do I play a saved stream from a live application?

I have an application called "recorder" set to record all incoming streams. It's meant to accept streams, and store them.
    The Streaming File Directory is set to ${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content/recorder

How do I playback these saved streams by using the same application?

I've tried going to rtmp://[server-ip]/recorder/[streamname], and that doesn't work.

I've only gotten it to work by creating a video-on-demand application, setting the Streaming File Directory to the location that the recorder's Streaming File Directory is set to, and playing the file by accessing that application instead of the recorder.

Can you playback saved streams from a live application, or can you only playback using vod applications?

I've tried following this tutorial http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?35#playback but I always get a "Stream not found" when I try to play my streams using the built-in test players through the recorder application
    Last edited by jHouseman; 10-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.