Wowza Community

Live Buffer Size

Can you tell me that what is maximum size of “live buffer” ? Is it possible to configure buffer? if yes, please provide me more details.

This is required because we have seen around 20-30 delay while doing live RTMP streaming & Wowza is working as relay server between consumer & publisher.

After debugging, I have found that device has added 6-10 seconds (maximum) delay by publisher & even buffer length in consumer (jwplayer) is set as 0.1, but I did not get that which component has added remaining delay That’s reason, I might suspect it is because of buffer which is present in Wowza side. Please, provide me your opinion.

By the way, I would like to add that all low-latency configuration is already present in Wowza Media server, please see detail below:-

Application.xml

live-lowlatency

flushInterval

Integer

onFlushNotifyClients

true

Boolean

maxliveaudiolatency

behindDropDFrames

Integer

behindDropPFrames

Integer

behindDropKFrames

Integer

instantOn

false

Boolean

isLive

true

Boolean

behindDropAudio

Integer

conf/VHost.xml :-

true

Hi,

You may be able to reduce delay by increasing the frame rate of the stream and the keyframe interval.

Some RTMP players require 2 keyframes and 50 frames to begin playing the stream.

The Property called instantOn should also be set to true if you wish to use it. The default is false.

<Property>
	<Name>instantOn</Name>
	<Value>false</Value>
	<Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason for your inputs.

Due to some limitation, it is not possible to increase FPS & decrease key frame interval ( now it is 1 second), do you have any other suggestion to reduce latency?

One more thing, I would like to understand from server point of view.

We have tried to publish RTMP stream to Wowza Media sever using device with around 700kbps & consume same stream at a two place with different bandwidth ( one consume is used wifi network while other has used 3G network). We have found that one consumer(wifi) has 3-5 second delay while other consumer (3G) has 25-30 second delay.

Now, I would like to understand that does wowza has internal buffer where it will store video for low bandwidth consumer? If yes, how can we flush data for low bandwidth consumer according to RTMP specification or you can provide better approach.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paresh