Wowza Community

VideoJS HLS keeps freezing

I have a setup to stream a live feed from some ip cameras running on 3g to a cloud server running wowza and then using cloudfront to deliver the content.

I am using hls and want to have it run on all browsers and I finally got this to work by using flashls. I only managed to get that in the end by taking the swf file directly from this site because I could not get it to work with other swf files that I have used.

That all seems fine though, as I now have a stream I can run through Chrome, Safari and IE.

The problem I keep getting is that after a while the stream freezes in the browsers and the only way to restart them is to refresh the page. I am not sure if this is down to videojs or wowza.

After looking at the wowza logs I am constantly getting errors for failures to connect and streams not found.

WARN	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:00:42	-	-	-	-	-	537681.623	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	HTTPStreamerAdapterCupertinoStreamer.onPlaylist: Stream not found [livehttp/cam1@g50.stream/chunklist.m3u8]: cam1@g50.stream
ERROR	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:00:52	-	-	-	-	-	538599.33	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	MediaCasterConnection.connect: Failed to connect[10.8.0.118:9101] : org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: Failed to get the session[ConnectException: null].|at org.apache.mina.common.support.DefaultConnectFuture.getSession(DefaultConnectFuture.java:71)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.MediaCasterConnection.connect(MediaCasterConnection.java:70)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.doConnect(RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.java:2074)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getSessionDescriptionData(RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.java:336)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPMediaCaster.getStreamInfo(RTPMediaCaster.java:206)|
WARN	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:00:52	-	-	-	-	-	538599.331	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming. Cannot connect to server: rtsp://10.8.0.118:9101/live2.sdp
WARN	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:01:12	-	-	-	-	-	538619.049	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.
ERROR	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:01:22	-	-	-	-	-	538629.166	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	MediaCasterConnection.connect: Failed to connect[10.8.0.118:9101] : org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: Failed to get the session[ConnectException: null].|at org.apache.mina.common.support.DefaultConnectFuture.getSession(DefaultConnectFuture.java:71)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.MediaCasterConnection.connect(MediaCasterConnection.java:70)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.doConnect(RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.java:2074)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getSessionDescriptionData(RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.java:336)|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPMediaCaster.getStreamInfo(RTPMediaCaster.java:206)|
WARN	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:03:29	-	-	-	-	-	537848.299	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	HTTPStreamerAdapterCupertinoStreamer.onPlaylist: Stream not found [livehttp/cam2@g50.stream/chunklist.m3u8]: cam2@g50.stream
WARN	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:03:48	-	-	-	-	-	538775.075	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.
WARN	server	comment	2014-10-09	09:04:03	-	-	-	-	-	538790.346	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.

I don’t know why I am getting all these disconnects though, when I check the streams in wowza and watch them on the test players directly in the client they are working fine and never drop out.

Thanks,

Simon

Hello Simon,

With the information that the stream works fine in the example players, and works again after refreshing the page for the Videojs player, it appears to be a player issue.

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hello Simon,

The errors in the logs and symptoms you report do indicate it is a network issue. However if it works without issue in the example players, it sounds like a player issue.

Please do keep testing with Video.js. Also you could test in VLC to see if the problem persists.

What are the details of the stream?

Video and audio codec, bit rate, etc.

Thank you,

Salvadore

Thanks Salvadore,

I am going to keep looking into videoJS as it seems to be a good player, just not perfect yet for live streaming HLS.

Regards

Simon

@sal jefferson, I am having those problems on a livestream on Chrome and Firefox using the last version of VideoJS and the videojs-contrib-hls , but my wowza livestream keeps freezing and I have to refresh the page in order to get the livestream working. Which version do you recommend for the HLS to work? by the way the wowza server version we are using is Wowza Streaming Engine 4.2.0