Thread: A question that interface ILiveStreamRecordManager replaces ILiveStreamRecord

Default A question that interface ILiveStreamRecordManager replaces ILiveStreamRecord

hello wowza supporter
    In Wowza4.0, LiveStreamRecordManager doesn't support multiple Stream Recorders for a single stream.
    In wowza3.6, I can create two LiveStreamrecordersMP4 to record a single live stream for two mp4 files at the same time.
    Now, ILiveStreamRecord of wowza3.6 is replaced by ILiveStreamRecordManager of wowza4.0. Can wowza4.0 record a single live stream for two mp4 files like recording function of wowza3.6?
    thanks,
    eric

Hello Eric, and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

Are you referring to segmenting a stream? Wowza supports segmenting by file size, duration, or you can set up a schedule.

This guide will explain how to set this up. The segment options are located in the segment tab, found in the Recording dialog box:
    Recording live streams in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager

I hope this answers your question.

King regards,

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,your suggestion is very helpful for me.
    Now, I can split a recording stream into a new mp4 file every two hours.
    However, I can not implement that two threads record a single live stream to two mp4 files because of the limitation of unique stream name.
    For example, in 8:00~9:00, two mp4 files "20141011080000.mp4" and "20141011080500.mp4" correspond to a single stream "mystream.stream".
    thank you very much,
    Eric