Wowza Community

Would wowza4.0 not support to two threads recording a single stream?

hello,

In wowza3.6, I can create two LiveStreamrecordersMP4 to record a single live stream for two mp4 files in a duration.

In Wowza4.0, LiveStreamRecordManager doesn’t support multiple Stream Recorders for a single stream.

Can I create two threads to record a single stream in wowza4.0?

For example, I hope recording a single stream “mystream.stream” in 8:00~9:00.

Thread 1 starts recording at 8:00 and creates a mp4 file “20141011080000.mp4” to record “mystream.stream”.

Thread 2 starts recording at 8:30 and creates a mp4 file “20141011083000.mp4” to record “mystream.stream”.

At 9:00, two recording missions finish.

Above function can be implemented by wowza3.6. But wowza4.0 don’t.

Because wowza4.0 has a limitation of unique of stream name corresponding to a recording mission, I can not create two

mp4 files to record a single live stream at same duration.

Is there any way to implement above example?

thanks,

Eric

Hi,

You can record the stream twice however you would need to use the LiveStreamRecord API to achieve this, it is not possible using the manager. If it did work with 3.6 this is more by chance than design.

Andrew

Hello. This sounds like you are asking about segmenting the stream which was discussed in your other post:

A question that interface ILiveStreamRecordManager replaces ILiveStreamRecord

I tested a simple work around to record the same stream twice with the same name, if that is what you are trying to do?

*Create two applications and set them to record all incoming streams.

*Use separate storage locations for each application to avoid naming conflicts

*Enable this module to duplicate the stream to the second application.

How to duplicate streams to another application instance (ModuleDuplicateStreams)

The result is 2 files recorded with the same name as the live stream, but in two separate locations.

I hope this helps, and I am sorry if I still do not understand what you are trying to do.

Salvadore

Thank you for your reply, Andrew

I implemented recording using API of both wowza3.6 and wowza4.0.

In wowza3.6, the function startRecording() of ILiveStreamRecord is used to record a live stream. I can create two LiveStreamrecordersMP4 instances of ILiveStreamRecord to record a single stream corresponding to two MP4 files.

In wowza4.0, the function startRecording() of ILiveStreamRecordManager(vhost.getLiveStreamRecordManager().startRecording() in recording example of wowza4.0) is used to record. However, the ILiveStreamRecord API of wowza3.6 doesn’t work in wowza4.0 or later. And I can not create an instance of ILiveStreamRecordManager in wowza4.0.

In wowza4.0, I want to create two threads to record a single live stream into two mp4 files in a duration.

I have already implemented it in wowza3.6. For example, in 8:00~9:00, I can record stream “mystream.stream” into “20141011080000.mp4” and “20141011083000.mp4”.

Is there any way to implement above recording in wowza4.0.

Or is there any record API support to record a single stream at the same time.

thanks,

wowza support