Thread: Problems with Wowza 4.1.0 on Debian 3.2.0-4

Default Problems with Wowza 4.1.0 on Debian 3.2.0-4

Hi everyone!

I am having some problems with Wowza 4.1.0 on Debian 3.2.0-4.

A few days ago I have installed a new VM with Debian 3.2.0-4 exclusively to run Wowza. I have installed Wowza with a trial license and everything was fine. Two days ago I had to shutdown my server, and discovered that Wowza was not starting automatically. Checked at /etc/rc.d/rc2.d and S18WowzaStreamingEngine was there. Below is the output of ps just after reboot:

root@server:~# ps ax |grep Wowza
    2154 ? S 0:00 /bin/bash /usr/bin/WowzaStreamingEngined /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/bin/setenv.sh /var/run/WowzaStreamingEngine.pid start
    2212 ? Sl 0:18 java -Xmx1587M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=128m -server -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -Dcom.wowza.wms.runmode=service -Dcom.wowza.wms.native.base=linux -Dcom.wowza.wms.AppHome=/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine -Dcom.wowza.wms.ConfigURL= -Dcom.wowza.wms.ConfigHome=/usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine -cp /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/bin/wms-bootstrap.jar com.wowza.wms.bootstrap.Bootstrap start
    3864 pts/0 S+ 0:00 grep Wowza

Itīs running, but I canīt connect to http://myaddress:8088. The only way I can access it is running "/etc/init.d/WowzaStreamingEngineManager start".

BUT....

Even with these issues, I could use the system. Ok, but now I have another problem.

I put 3 Ubiquiti Aircam cameras working fine in the Live Application for some days. Yesterday I tried to edit one of the stream files to connect a Golbong camera, and I think all I had to do is to change the RTSP URL accordingly to the new camera. The URL "rtsp://189.51.x.y/user=admin&password=xxx&channel=1&stream=1.sdp?real_stream" works fine with VLC, but didn`t worked with Wowza. So, I decided to remove this stream file from the panel, and than all other cameras stopped working.

Now, even with "Test Players" button inside the system I have the error "Connection failed: Try RTMP://[server-ip-address]live". At "Monitoring" Applicationīs menu I have "live not running".

I tried to reinstall the system, entered the license again, and I have the same bahavior. Even removing everything with "rm -rf /usr/local/WowzaStreamingEngine/" and installing it again, it doesnīt works.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Denilson

Hi

It looks like the WowzaStreamingEngineManager script in /etc/init.d/ may not be set up to start at boot up, or it is failing at boot up.

You could try running (as root):

update-rc.d -n WowzaStreamingEngineManager
    the -n means to simulate an update. It will at least let you know if it exists or not

Or you could just run it anyway

update-rc.d WowzaStreamingEngine

You could also check your current runlevel. I believe Debian defaults to 2 like Ubuntu, but may be wrong:

who -r
    Then cd to the run level directory

cd /etc/rc2.d
    and check that there's a startup script for the manager. By default I think it's S20WowzaStreamingEngineManager, which is actually a symlink to the physical startup file that lives in ../init.d/WowzaStreamingEngineManager (i.e. WowzaStreamingEngineManager).

Kind regards,

Paul

Good morning!

Iīve checked my /etc/rcx.d, and the file S18WowzaStreamingEngine exists from rc0.d to rc6.d, and S18WowzaStreamingEngineManager does exist too, EXCEPT at rc2.d? I canīt imagine why, since this runlevel is the default one. I can copy the file anyway, but it should be included.

Addicionally:

root@wowza:~# update-rc.d -n WowzaStreamingEngine defaults
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 6) of script `WowzaStreamingEngine' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6 S).
    insserv: dryrun, not creating .depend.boot, .depend.start, and .depend.stop

root@server:~# update-rc.d -n WowzaStreamingEngineManager defaults
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 6) of script `WowzaStreamingEngineManager' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 2 6 S).
    insserv: dryrun, not creating .depend.boot, .depend.start, and .depend.stop

I had to reinstall my debian to get Wowza working again, and sincerelly, I donīt know why. A desperate measure I donīt like to do...

I will test rebooting the server tomorrow with the S18WowzaStreamingEngineManager placed at rc2.d, and Iīll come back here to tell if it worked.

Thanks!
    Denilson