Thread: automatically start and stop receiving source by wowza

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default automatically start and stop receiving source by wowza

I have a problem with the functionality of the server and there I have a question:
    I would like to publish on web site stream from ip camera those sent rtsp protocol. The camera hangs on the mobile web link that has limited packet transmission and narrow bandwith. Wowza server running in the separate subnet with public ip adress and redirected corresponding ports, full bandwitch etc.. Everything works great. currently use trial ver of Wowza server to transmit this rtsp stream to rtmp on Website, so i create stream file in selected application (in accordance with To start transmit i must click connect to the stream, it appears in "incomng stream " where i can choose disconnect stream to stop receiving packet from camera. I know that is a way to automatically connect to the camera by selecting the "add startup stream" but
    how can i automatically stop receiving the stream form camera?
    whether it is possible to connect wowza to the camera rtsp stream automatically only when there is at least one client who's receive wowza stream and automaticly close the stream from camera when no one is playing stream from wowza on the web.?

this question due the limited maxim of quantity of transmitted data that i have.

Hello there. Thank you for considering Wowza for your streaming needs, and welcome to the forum.

You can use a StreamType of rtp-live, or rtp-live-record (MediaCaster). Using this StreamType, streams are started and stopped on demand based on client's viewing the stream. The publishing process is started the first time a client attempts to view a stream and stops 10-60 seconds after the last client has stopped viewing the stream.
    This will work for RTSP as well as RTMP clients, but for HTTP clients there is no practical or built-in way to do this, because Wowza needs some lead time to start packetizing for HTTP clients.

Another option would be to utilize this http provide to start/stop the stream (Following the second example here) :
    How to parse post or get variables in an HTTPProvider

If you find that you need additional assistance with this implementation, you can post a request to the find a consultant forum

Kind regards,