Thread: How to Add "pause" text

Default How to Add "pause" text

I'd like to combine some text into a video stream. Pretty simple concept, when a publisher pauses his video I'd like to display the text "Paused" in the stream so the subscriber sees the text.

I've tweeked the Flash videochat example that comes with Wowza - it's a great starting point. Pausing the camera is easy in Flash ActionScript; just attach a null camera to the publishing netstream. ie: nsPublish.attachCamera(null);

On the player side (I'm using JWPlayer), the play pauses. Cool. However, adding a text overlay of "Paused" would be even better - and a great clue to the subscriber that the publisher did the pausing.

I cannot find for the life of me an example how to do this. I see the Flash netstream object has a method send() to send along metadata, but not sure how to get this to display on the player.

Appreciating all help...

Ads: cộng đồng internet việt nam chuyên về dịch vụ lắp mạng fpt bạc liêulắp mạng fpt đồng nailắp mạng fpt thái nguyên đó là một trong những dịch vụ về công nghệ tốt nhất chỉ có tại internet việt nam mà không có ở tại bất kỳ nơi nào.
    Khi đến với chúng tôi các bạn sẽ có một môi trường thực sự tốt cho việc học hỏi giao lưu công nghệ. Ngoài ra các bạn sẽ được tư vấn miễn phí thông tin về dịch vụ lắp mạng fpt quảng ninhlắp mạng fpt g̣ vấplắp mạng fpt b́nh tân chắc chắn dịch vụ của chúng tôi sẽ làm hài ḷng các bạn.

author: lắp mạng fpt phan thiết
    Last edited by davidhan; 05-26-2016 at 12:28 AM.

Hello there,

This seems like it would be best handled client side. You might look into the JWPlayer forum/support to see how this could be configured.

Kind regards,