Wowza Community

[ASK] Transcoding AddOn is not exist

Dear all,

My name is Thomson, from Indonesia.

I have installed Wowza in my PC. And then from tutorial ask to activate the transcoding from Transcode AddOns menu on “Live” application.

But the menu is not exist in my installed Wowza. I have update jre in my PC from recommended wowza website.

Could you please help me solve this problem.

Thank you very much.

Hello there and welcome to the Wowza support forum.

You may need to enable access to advanced administrative settings here

Or, you can edit [install-dir]/conf/admin.password and add admin|advUser for the group|group entry

# Admin password file (format [username][space][password][space][group]|[group])
#username password group|group
user pass admin|advUser

I hope this helps.

Salvadore

Please attempt to follow the guide to become familiar with the Wowza documentation. Here are the steps to get you going:

1. In Streaming Engine Manager, click the Server tab and then click Users in the contents pane.

2. On the Users page, click the Edit icon of the user name for the administrator account.

3. Confirm the user access level is “Administrator”

4. Select the Allow access to advanced properties and features check box. And click save.

Note In the past I had to edit my admin.password file before I was able to make these changes. If that is the case for you as well do this.

Edit [install-dir]/conf/admin.password and add a group|group entry:

# Admin password file (format [username][space][password][space][group]|[group])
#username password group|group
user pass [B][U]admin|advUser[/U][/B]

Kind regards,

Salvadore

Hi Salvadore,

From the link that you give to me there are “Wowza Access Level”. In my wowza application the access level is “read only”. How we change it?

Thank you for your helping

Thomson