Wowza Community

StreamNameGroup member does not exist in Encodes list: source

Hi Wowza support team,

I am facing an strange issue, I have some stream that I am doing live streaming.

Lets take stream1, If I transrate the stream1 only, then it seems to play fine. But when I transrate multiple channels, then stream1 comes and goes frequently

wowza log mentions:

WARN server comment 2014-10-19 12:11:33 - - - - - 220.298 - - - - - – - TranscoderStreamNameGroup.validateMembers[defaultVHost:live/definst/channel1.stream]: StreamNameGroup member does not exist in Encodes list: source

ERROR server comment 2014-10-19 12:11:33 - - - - - 220.575 - - - - - – - RTPMulticastListener.unbind : java.net.SocketException: Cannot assign requested address|at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.leave(Native Method)|at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.leave(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:186)|at java.net.MulticastSocket.leaveGroup(MulticastSocket.java:354)|at com.wowza.wms.rtp.transport.RTPMulticastListener.unbind(RTPMulticastListener.java:62)|at com.wowza.wms.rtp.transport.RTPMulticastTransport.unbind(RTPMulticastTransport.java:91)|

This is strange, when I play this particular stream only, It does not complains such

[Added later]

Tested again: I have 8 stream in total, these all streams play individually, but whenever I try to add more than 1 stream. They doesn’t play

Regards,

Birendra

Hi,

When using the Transcoder addon, lots of CPU resources are being used. This looks like you have reached a server capacity and it is possible that your server hardware resources are being used up.

When you are saying that you have 8 streams in total, do you mean that you have 8 incoming streams that are getting transcoded?

Zoran

Hi,

Can you open a Support ticket and send a copy of the following folders as a .zip (or other archive):

[wowza-install-dir]/conf

[wowza-install-dir]/logs

[wowza-install-dir]/transcoder

[wowza-install-dir]/manager/logs

Please also send a description of your problem and add this forum thread as a reference.

Zoran

Hi Zoran,

I checked the CPU for 8 streams. It doesn’t exceeds more than 60%. Also the streaming transrating doesn’t work even when I try to transrate two streams (not 8). Also if it was issue of CPU consumptions, wowza should have complained of that.

Please also note I am transrating the streams not transcoding

Regards,

Birendra