Wowza Community

VOD mount storage not working

hi,

I am trying to use a mounted drive to use as VOD storage location. I m using Z:\content. But it doesnt work. I get error “location not available”

I can open the folder and access it from window. It doesnt require any username or password.

Can someone help.

thanks

Hi,

if this is on a Windows machine then it may be because Wowza does not have permissions to that shared drive. Wowza runs as a service normally, and doesn’t have the same interactive access that you have when logged in.

A quick way to check is to run Wowza in standalone mode. Stop WowzaStreamingEngine in Services, and open a windows console and type this

[install-path]/bin/startup.bat

This runs Wowza with the same access permissions as the person logged in. If this is satisfactory, then there is a way to permanently run Wowza in this mode. It’s usually recommended to Windows users wishing to use hardware Transcoding, but follows the same principles here. It involves creating a Windows task using their task scheduler and is explained in this article.

Another option is to use MediaCache in league with a web server as described here. It is a bit more involved, but makes it very easy to access remote as well as local content without having to run Wowza as a standalone process. You just point your web root to where your content is and use the prefix (http is the example in the article) in front of the content.

Kind regards,

Paul