Wowza Community

Wowza 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 upgrade broke our rtp-live streaming

We just switched some servers from 4.0.3 to 4.1.0 and our rtp-live-lowlatency application stopped working. The problem is that the Wowza server stopped including the media attributes that included necessary SDP info in the RTSP response to DESCRIBE.

If the Application.xml uses RTP “interleaved” to access the streams from the encoders it’s works. But if the Application.xml uses RTP “udp” to access the streams that are multicast then it breaks. When the client player receives the response to the DESCRIBE the lines that contain the media attributes are missing.

I can take the same Application.xml from the 4.0.3 server to the 4.1.0 and it doesn’t work under 4.1.0.

JohnA

Hi,

There’s now a support ticket opened for this (107398). Please provide the information requested by that ticket’s corresponding email you received.

Daren

I am seeing this problem with our Live Encoders as well, I actually upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0 but my RTP/UDP ingest streams are now all causing java null pointer exceptions, whether they are multicast or unicast to the Wowza server…

I saw this issue with a Windows 2008 Server as well as an Ubuntu 12.4 LTS Server

I am running java 1.8 in both instances if that helps

I would like to be in the loop if there is a patch or a configuration based fix to this problem

thank you

after further digging and research, I have found and fixed the problem that I was having ingesting multicast or unicast Transport Streams directly into Wowza…

In my case it was extra junk being generated in the PMT (Program Map Table) that was not accurate for the Stream. My Encoder was producing additional descriptor information in the PMT that was syntactically correct, but ultimately conflicting with the actual Stream Parameters. The real and correct information is delivered to the video decoder via the SPS and PPS NAL units within the Video Elementary Stream, and the redundant information in the PMT is just not necessary.

So in my case it appears the changes made to Wowza between 4.0.1 and 4.1.0 are not actually a bug within Wowza at all, in fact it is much more likely that we could say it was a bug to allow the garbage that was being sent to pass through (as older versions allowed) and the bug has now been fixed on Wowza’a side…

thanks again

-Pat