Wowza Community

Landscape,Portrait options in wowza test player

Hi,

Iam doing the livestreaming from ipad device(portrait direction) to Wowza. While playing the livestream in wowza test player, it is displaying like a small image (image is displaying in the middle leaving left and right spaces)in wowza streaming engine. It is not displaying covering the whole window in wowza test player. I guess device is in portrait direction and Adobe flash player is in landscape direction. Is there any option in Wowza test player(i.e for Adobe RTMP) to change from landscape to portrait direction or vice versa. Please provide me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Currently there isn’t any option to change the player aspect ratio. I will forward your inquiry to our product management team to take it into account for a future Wowza release.

Zoran

Its Ok. Thanks for the response.

If the question is simply about the Test Player, then this has not been addressed as of yet. If you ware wondering if Wowza Streaming Engine is able to stream portrait aspect ratio video, then yes it is possible.

If the final destination of the stream generated by Wowza will be a portrait orientated player then the video should match up correctly. If it does not, you can run the stream through Wowza Transcoder and adjust the Fit Mode to Crop and change the resolution to reflect portrait mode (720x1280 vs 1280x720). Even though the Test Player is going to show video with black bars on left and right, the final destination player will display it correctly.

Regards,

Alex

Hi,

Currently there isn’t any option to change the player aspect ratio. I will forward your inquiry to our product management team to take it into account for a future Wowza release.

Zoran

Is this issue resolved? We are still facing the issue. The development in iOS