Thread: Cutoff at 120 seconds with RTMPTS but not RTMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cutoff at 120 seconds with RTMPTS but not RTMP

Out application streams from a user's webcam to our Wowza server where it is recorded. We are testing using RTMPS but have found when the client streams for more than 120 seconds the connection will be destroyed upon unpublishing the stream - this is a problem since the connection should be kept for the next segment that will be recorded. This problem does not exist when we are using just RTMP. To make it stranger we do not see this problem when the person streaming is using Chrome with its packaged version of Flash. We only see the problem using the plugin straight from Adobe on IE and Firefox.

My current theory is that the problem is due to some issue with HTTP tunneling - in the access log I see the stream as rtmpts (HTTP-1.1). I have tried adjusting the KeepAliveTimeout but that has had no effect.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

If this is your own custom flash application then you will need to set NetConnection.proxyType = "best"; so that SSL connections use RTMPS instead of tunneling over HTTPS. It could also be that the player is receiving and reacting to an unPublished notification from the server.

Roger.